Sunday, September 2, 2012

IF I TOLD YOU I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU

I'm not going to give you the recipe for this cake. As you can see it's pretty damn cool. Sorry!

But I will tell you, it's a classic victoria sponge with a quick star anise, ginger and plum jam, sandwiched with a goat's curd and vanilla cream, which also constitutes the lattice over the top.

I've got friends coming for tea and can not wait to plunge my knife into the centre of this and see what's going on. It bodes very very well, even if I do say.

The reason I'm not disclosing the recipe is because if I did that all the time, I'd never have any recipes for my books. And I'm pretty sure this is one is going to make the cut somewhere down the line. And I'm hoping that the next 6 months is going to be full of pictures like this. The idea of having time at home and pottering (albeit with a new born baby and no doubt endless piles of shitty washing!) and reflection is just so exciting. For the first time in 8 years I wont be at my deli. Anything could happen. Watch this space. x

2 comments:

  1. Good luck honey. Laughed out loud reading the "time at home" bit... just you wait until mini me comes along... you'll wonder what you did with your time before motherhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. yeah i know. slightly tongue in cheek. this tummy is rumbling! loads of love to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete